Welcome, visitor! [ Register | LoginRSS Feed  |   | 

 

 

Quilla Ramalayam

Description

Quilla Ramalayam

Originally known as Indoor or Indrapuri, the city and fort were built by the Rashtrakutas. There is a 40 feet high monolithic victory pillar built during the Rashtrakuta reign. The fort was occupied by Allauddin Khilji in 1311 A.D. and subsequently went into the hands of Bahamanis, Qutub Shahis and then Asaf Jahis. The present fort has a wide area encircled by masonry walls along with huge bastions at the corners. This 10th Century fort of the Rashtrakutas has continued to be a of strategic importance right down to the Asaf Jahis. The present fort reflects the Asaf Jahi style of architecture with spacious halls and a summer house. Adding importance to the fort is the Bada Rammandir Temple, built by Samarth Ramdass the guru of Cha­trapathi Shivaji. The fort offers a panoramic view of the Niza­mabad city and its surroundings.

Ad Reference ID: 832524d54880c6cf

Sponsored Links


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

  • Ad 1
  • Ad 2
  • Ad 3
  • Ad 4
  • Ad 1
  • Ad 2
  • Ad 3
  • Ad 4